Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"This Year's Garden" by Cynthia Rylant


I do not think that there is anything better than a book with great illustrations from front to back! There are gorgeous outdoor pictures of animals, sunsets, flowers, vegetables and families throughout the book. I loved it.

The book reminded me of when I was little. My grandparents called me their “little pea picker.” I would always go out and help pick the pea pods. It was easier on my back than theirs. I could spend hours in the garden helping my grandparents. I remember the first year that they did not plant the garden. They were beginning to get much older. It was so sad. I was just like the main character in this book, I looked forward to the garden every summer!

This was a really great picture book with beautiful illustrations and a great ending. I think it would bring a smile to anyone’s face. It was definitely a worthwhile read!

No comments:

Post a Comment