Tuesday, September 8, 2009

“Madeline’s Rescue” by Ludwig Bemelmans


When I was a child, I do not have a clear memory of reading the Madeline books. I wish I would have a memory of them – they are so much fun! I love how the book rhymes from cover to cover.

It would be a great book to incorporate in the classroom. It talks about having a new pet, loosing a pet, and having to share animals with other family members and friends. Since there are 12 girls living in small quarters, they were so excited to bring the dog home after she saved Madeline’s life!

This book would be able to bring up a lot of different areas of discussion with a classroom. For instance, some students may not understand why so many girls would be living together, or what would happen if a scary situation happened like Madeline falling into the river. Many of the students may have their own personal stories to share with the classroom or to write in a journal.

Overall, the book was a fun and quick read. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment