Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Snowman by Raymond Briggs


Not only do I remember repeatedly reading this book when I was little (and watching the film), but my younger cousin Isabel went through countless “snowman” stuffed animals. She used the snowman as her safety net (I think she still has it to this day, but don't tell anyone!) We would go through the illustrations together over and over again. I do not know what it is about this book that I love so much, but I remember my imagination just running wild and how I couldn’t wait to read this book during the Iowa winters. It made me want to run outside and build a snowman of my own.

I think the illustrations are just beautiful and you truly feel for the little boy when the snowman is gone for good. His imagination has been running wild with the snowman and then he has melted away.  This will be a book that I will forever hold close to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment