Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"The Babysitters Club" by Ann M. Martin


Ahh, the memories of adolescent literature. I remember reading this book when I was younger, probably in junior high or something. I probably thought to myself, “man, I should create my OWN babysitters club.” That obviously never happened. Therefore, I’ll just live through Kristy’s eyes of how amazing the babysitter;s club actually is.

I think books like this are important. Some of adolescent literature today sends young adults the wrong message. This is a great book that teaches young girls about family issues, the true meaning of friendship, keeping up with schoolwork, earning your own spending money and even health issues.

I know that back when I first read the first babysitter’s club book, I was hooked for the rest of the series! The book is a really great, easy read and that keeps you totally tied into what is going on. Thank you, Ann Martin! You created a great series that has been around for generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment