Monday, September 28, 2009

"Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse" by Kevin Henkes


This is the second Lilly book I have read – and it is just a cute as the first! This picture book talks about when things just do not go right; there is always another day. Lilly wants to be JUST like her teacher and one day she is misbehaving in class. The teacher takes away her “purple purse” and all of the other business that goes along with her razzle dazzle! She is anything but happy and leaves a mean note for the teacher. In the end, the book also acknowledges that this is never appropriate to do. The teacher was truly looking out for little Lilly and she needed to obey.

I think this would be fun to read with little kids, because they would giggle at some parts. There are also a lot of other side comments to the pictures that are hilarious to look at. I will definitely have this book in my classroom or home for my kids in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment