Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Olivia Saves the Circus by Ian Falconer


I think the Olivia books are so much fun! The illustrations just crack me up! I love how the Falconer has incorporated random little pictures throughout the book. It makes you wonder who the picture is actually of and what the relation is to the author. Also, it was interesting to see at the end of the book that it was devoted to his mother. I thought that was sweet. This also makes you wonder what types of troublesome activities Falconer was up to when he was younger!

I think this would be a great story to read in a classroom or in individually with a child. There are various Olivia books out there and I personally love each and every one of them. They add a mysterious, silly twist to children’s picture books that are not only involved but also extremely enticing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment