Monday, September 14, 2009

“Puppy Mudge Has a Snack” by Cynthia Rylant


I had a child read this book to me. I think it is a great starting point for early readers. The pictures follow along with the story and are very clear. The words are either written at the top or bottom of the page in very black, bold print. It has a continuous theme throughout the story that is cute and the book allows kids to smile and giggle from the beginning to the end.

It also gave something for the child to talk about after we were finished with the book. We were able to talk about our own pets and if we had any personal stories of pets acting in the way Mudge does. When I met with the child again a week later he asked, “Are we going to read another book about Mudge?” He truly enjoyed the book and was hoping we were going to be able to share the same type of story together again. I will definitely use this book with other kids in the future; it was a great and fun read!

No comments:

Post a Comment