Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Hedgie Blasts Off" by Jan Brett


This is not my “typical” choice for children’s literature. Although the book keeps you interested, I usually do not personally choose science fiction books. The book incorporates animals as the main characters that have to solve a problem in space. The pictures are entirely engrossing, but I had a difficult time staying involved with the book. However, that does not mean that younger boys and girls that are interested in this type of literature would not love it!

It would be a good book to incorporate into a science lesson. You could talk about all different facets of space and what is going on in the pictures. Perhaps someday I will be able to use this in my classroom, until then, I will just leave it on the shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment