Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs" by Jon Scieszka

Quite the transition of stories after reading “That’s Why We Don’t Eat Animals.” Jon does a great job with the story, I really love his sarcastic humor. Also, Lane Smith does a wonderful job with the illustrations. After reading the book once, I went back through and looked through the pictures, they match up perfectly.

The book has some interesting sayings that may need to be explained to kids, such as “the rest is history,” or “old granny can sit on a pin.” Also, terms like “I was framed.” I think it would be fun to go through these with kids and explain what they mean. What would even be better would to see them use the terms in context later!

I would definitely read this with my students in the future. I think it would be fun to compare and contrast the stories and have a great discussion with them on what they think is best!

No comments:

Post a Comment