Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Love That Dog" by Sharon Creech

This was a fun novel to read. I really enjoyed how the voice of the young boy truly came through with Creech's language. I remember when I was a child feeling the same way he did when it came to publishing my work throughout the classroom. I believe that is a reoccuring theme with a lot of students.
A close family just lost their dog to a car accident, so that part of the book in particular hit close to home. In addition, when I was younger my sister nearly ran over our dog, and it was a terribly traumatic experience, as I was only seven years old.
Overall, the novel just brought up a lot of issues that kids go through when younger and brought them to the surface in a calm and somewhat funny way. I would definitely suggest others read this book and truly look for all of the love that is filled in every page. I look forward to reading more of Sharon Creech's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment