Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"The Tree Pigs" by David Wiesner

I read this book this week to compare it to last weeks, “The True Story of the Three Little Pigs.” I wanted to see another version of how writers have quirked this tall tale. This book is interesting, because it takes the story in a whole new light and twists the way that books are normally laid out. It is fun to spend a little extra time looking at each page and seeing what is going to happen next in the story before you get to the next page.

I think this would be fun to read with a small group of kids and work on story predictions with them as you get from the beginning to the end of the story. I would definitely have this book in my classroom and also at home. I think it is important for kids to see old stories in a new and fun light. I know kids with wild imaginations would be able to appreciate the extravagant pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment