Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" by Alison Jackson

This is such a different and fun rendition from the usual “swallowed a fly.” I had a great time reading this story, because it is such a fun tongue twister and is so ridiculous in parts that it is really funny. I ended up reading this book with my child study buddy this week and he had never read it before, so it was such a treat to read it with him as well. He was laughing pretty hard by the time we got halfway through the book. The book prompted some really great discussion questions to have with one another.

I think this book would be great to have in the classroom. It would be fun to use as a little time filler on an afternoon when you have some free time to enjoy with your kids outside of the usual curriculum. I think younger grades would really benefit from the imagination that is filled in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment