Sunday, October 4, 2009

“Walter the Farting Dog” by William Kotzwinkle and Glenn Murray


I do not think I necessarily understand how this book considers diversity with a farting dog, but I will go with it! I think the illustrations in the book are really great. Some of them almost look computer generated. The book could also be used if something happens to a pet in the family and you need to find a way to cheer up a child.

Overall, the book is very different. However, it is slightly humorous. I know little boys would certainly love the story and even some little girls would find it hilarious as well. My favorite part is at the end when it uses a cute pun to say, “and that’s the end of our tail.”

The book is definitely unique!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of this book--I think there are a couple more about Walter too. I wasn't so turned off by the farting as I thought it just wasn't a very interesting story. Again, many young kids think potty jokes are funny so a book about a dog saving the family from robbers would be hilarious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book to the boy in my child study and he thought it was funny. I was a little apprehensive reading it at first because it was a little awkward talking about farts. I think the main focus of this book is to get kids reading and if reading about farts gets them to read, then I think it has done its purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book while babysitting and he loved it! I think this book is harmless and gives a humorous appeal to bodily functions. I agree with you with the aspect that the illustrations are great! Kids, most likely boys, would love this book and to look at the pictures. This silly subject would be a fun book to give kids a laugh and that's why I liked it.

    ReplyDelete