Monday, October 26, 2009

"For the Love of Autumn" by Patricia Polacco


I am not much of a cat person, but I sure do love my dog Bailey – and I can only imagine how heart broken I would be if something were to happen to him. This is a very unique picture book that tells the story of a teacher whose beloved cat runs away. Her class ends up putting together a search for the cat and they are unable to find the cat. Eventualy the teacher gives up – but the cat does come back. It is a continuous mystery that is solved with the help of her students.

I think this book shows unity among students. It would be a great book to show at the beginning of the school year. It would be helpful, because it would clue kids into how wonderful it is to work as a team. Overall, it is a pleasant story with beautiful illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment